DDS2011 AMALGAM SEPARATOR
The concept is always the same: extremely easy to instal and replace, no electronics inside with a very low price.
The Amalgam Separator DDS2011 The Simple One® have to be connected directly to the tubes of the suction line.
Removing the amalgam is not only environmentally friendly, it also protects your central vacuum lines and prevents amalgam to reach your main system’s expensive filters, avoiding major problems.
Due to its compact design, the Simple One® amalgam separator can be installed at the side of the chair or in a small cabinet space.
Its compact size _ 25,5 cm x 10,2 cm _ makes possible the installation of the device on walls, inside or under cabinets or counters in order to save space. Can be mounted horizontally or vertically based on your needs.
We can also supply multiple sizes of fittings to adapt the separator to the existing vacuum system.
Following our ideals and policy, we always try to respect the environment as much as possible. Based on these guidelines, our amalgam separator can be disposed as recyclable waste. Being a product for the filtration and collection of amalgam containing mercury, it must be disposed of as special waste in compliance with current regulations. We recommend to contact an environmental consultant who can suggest you the correct way to dispose the device and arrange the recycling.
- No electronic content.
- Easy to operate and maintenance free.
- Funcional for all types of suction systems.
- Connected directly to the tubes of the suction line.
- Very low price compared to all the other separators available on the market.
- ISO 11143:2008 Certified.
- Prevents buildup of amalgam and other restrictive materials in your pipes and vacuum system.
- Made in U.S.A.
- Isolate which chair you need to have an amalgam separator on and stop filtering prophy paste which clogs a filter designed to trap amalgam.
- Eliminates the need for an expensive bulk filter system.
- Self-contained filter to avoid contact with mercury when changing filter.
- Flexible design for hard-to-fit applications. Can be mounted horizontally or vertically. Small Footprint saves space (only 25,5 cm x 10,2 cm required).
FAQ _What you need to know...
- The filter needs to be installed on the suction pipe between the unit and the aspirator (at the base of the chair or in the engine room). The filter must be installed before the vacuum cleaner.
- The filter includes different connectors / fittings but if your situation is different (pipes with different diameters from the supplied fittings), just buy the fitting that suits you best at any hardware store.
- A filter is good for a single unit, so in clinics with multiple units, different filters will be required. Each unit must be equipped with a filter.
- The legislation requires to collect the amalgam, both from the suction and from the basin. Most of the dental units installed in Italy have two different pipes (suction that goes to the motor and basin that goes directly into the sewer system).
- It would be necessary to equip the unit with a valve that joins the basin and the suction; this way also the water of the basin is sucked by the suction motor and then filtered by the amalgam separator.
This procedure is the same for all commercial amalgam separators and for all suction systems. However, it would involve a considerable expense, difficulty in installing the spittoon valve, as it requires space that is often absent inside the unit. Our suggestion (it is only a possible alternative) consists in maintaining the existing system and using a funnel connected to the suction cannula for rinsing the patient, replacing, in the presence of amalgam, direct rinsing in the basin.
- The use of Airprophy with bicarbonate is not recommended, as the latter rapidly clogs the filter.
REPLACEMENT AND DISPOSAL:
- The filter should be replaced when it is completely clogged with debris. The timing varies depending on the frequency of use, on average you need to replace once a year.
- The replacement must be taken into consideration when there is a slight decrease in suction
WARNING! This product is intended for the filtration of amalgam containing mercury, therefore we recommend contacting an environmental consultant before arranging the disposal for any hazardous waste containing mercury and to comply with the regulations in force.
STEPS FOR HOW TO ORDER:
1_ Send an e-mail with a request to firstname.lastname@example.org entering the BILLING DATA (including VAT number and tax code), SHIPPING DATA (if different) and the studio’s opening hours.
2_ You will receive an order confirmation with the total amount (filter price + VAT + shipping costs), the bank details for the anticipated bank transfer payment.
3_ Once we have received the bank transfer or the confirmation of the quote, we will make the shipment.
4_ Delivery time: two working days.